Conveniently located to serve Southbury, New Haven, and Waterbury
Laser genesis in Southbury is a popular non-invasive method of restoring healthy, glowing skin. This procedure uses heat from a laser to smooth and refresh your skin by boosting collagen production. At Pomperaug Plastic Surgery, our laser genesis technicians are knowledgeable and experienced at treating a variety of skin concerns.
What Is Laser Genesis?
Laser genesis involves the use of a laser to heat the dermis layer of the skin. The heat stimulates collagen production, which can improve the appearance of your skin in a variety of ways.
Am I a Good Candidate for Laser Genesis?
As you age, your skin produces less collagen, which means you start to lose skin elasticity, strength, and fullness. Wrinkles, dark spots, and fine lines may appear and become more prominent. Laser genesis can be a great way to reduce these and other signs of decreased collagen production.
Laser genesis is a safe and effective option for most people who want clear, smooth skin. It can achieve beautiful results for patients of all skin tones and ages. Laser genesis is a great option for treating skin imperfections on the face and neck, as well as the hands, shoulders, or other problem areas. It is important to note that laser treatments are not suitable for pregnant women.
What Skin Conditions Can Laser Genesis Treat?
As a gentle customizable procedure, laser genesis can address most common skin concerns. Laser genesis can be used to treat:
- Moderate wrinkles
- Fine lines
- Sun spots
- Large pores
- Broken blood vessels
What Are the Benefits of Laser Genesis?
A consistent skin care routine with quality products can go a long way in preventing skin damage and signs of aging. However, as you get older, dedicated medi-spa treatments become more important in maintaining a youthful appearance. Laser genesis is a great option for patients who want a treatment that is:
- Effective – Laser genesis boosts collagen production, which produces visible results in three to four weeks. For maximum results, plan to have three to six treatment sessions.
- Low risk – Laser genesis is a safe treatment. Temporary redness at the treatment site is the most common side effect.
- Convenient – A laser genesis treatment can be done in as little as 30 minutes, and there is no downtime for recovery.
- Painless – The heat from the laser is mild and does not cause discomfort.
How Is the Laser Genesis Procedure Performed?
The laser genesis procedure is quick and painless. There is no need for anesthesia or pain medication. You will sit or lie down, and our technician will use a small laser to direct heat at the target areas.
You will feel gentle warmth on your skin as the laser is applied. Depending on the size of your treatment sites and the skin condition being addressed, your procedure will take between 30 and 60 minutes.
Preparing for Laser Genesis and Recovering from the Treatment
Laser genesis makes skin rejuvenation simple. Here’s what to plan for:
- Before your appointment: You will want to arrive to your appointment with clean, dry skin. Do not wear make-up. Plan to avoid tanning and excessive sun exposure for at least two weeks before a laser genesis treatment.
- After your appointment: Laser genesis requires no downtime. You can return to your normal activities immediately.
Laser Genesis Cost
The cost of laser genesis varies from patient to patient. Overall price is impacted by factors like the types of skin issues being treated and the number of sessions required.
Contact Us to Schedule a Laser Genesis Consultation
If you are interested in enhancing your skin with laser genesis in Southbury, contact Pomperaug Plastic Surgery to schedule a consultation. Our team of skin experts can help you decide if laser genesis is the best skin rejuvenation therapy for you.